System User Guide & Other Resources
Indications for Use:
- Enhancing venous return
- Reducing venous leg ulcer healing time
- Treatment of chronic venous insufficiency
- Reducing edema due to venous stasis
- Treatment for lymphedema
- Treatment and promotion of healing in stasis dermatitis and venous stasis ulcers
The Actitouch System should not be used if you have one or more of the following contraindications:
- Ankle brachial pressure index (ABI) of less than 0.6 or ankle systolic pressure less than 60 mmHg
- Diagnosed or suspected acute deep vein thrombosis (DVT) or pulmonary embolism
- Leg gangrene
- Acute thrombophlebitis
- Decompensated/congestive cardiac failure
- Severe arteriosclerosis or other ischemic vascular disease
- Diabetes in association with peripheral arterial disease
- Acute infections of the skin, such as cellulitis
- Any lower limb malignancy
- Pulmonary edema
Traveling with Your Actitouch System:
Patients may travel with any device that is medically necessary and can go through the x-ray screening process. Tactile Medical recommends patients traveling with their device do the following:
- Carry on their controller and power cord. Specifically, Actitouch operates using a lithium battery, which should not be placed in checked luggage. Patients may pack any garments/sleeves in their checked luggage.
- Bring their user guide and prescription card with them to better help explain what the device does to a TSA agent.
- Take the controller out of the carry on, as is done with a laptop.
- Be prepared to turn the device on and show a TSA agent how the device works, if asked to do so.
Additional Helpful Information:
- The device will operate from 100 – 240 volts, 50/60 Hz, working nearly anywhere in the world without the need for a transformer or voltage converted. If traveling outside the U.S., a plug adapter may be necessary, and can be purchased at a retail store. Tactile Medical does not supply plug adapters.
- Websites such as www.tsa.gov, or the equivalent agency in your destination country may be able to give your more information.
- The following FDA website links show our products have been cleared to market in the U.S.: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf13/K131193.pdf
- If you have any additional questions, please contact Tactile Medical at 866.435.3948.